Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Bearded Valentine

Two major holidays are upon us, Valentine's Day and Abraham Lincoln's birthday, which as we all know were both invented by corporate America to sell greeting cards, but that's ok. I'm not going to fight the system on this one. Nothing wrong with Valentine's Day, and Abraham Lincoln is quite possibly our greatest bearded President ever, but what about the others? What about the single people? What about those without a significant other? What about James K Polk? I don't know, call me sensitive but I'm just a softy. Even admist celebratory times I feel bad for who the victory is celebrated over. Like at award shows, I couldn't stand winning. I'd feel bad for the losers. I'd feel like I did something wrong. I guess I could just keep my speech short and dedicate the win to James K. Polk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

page counter
Free Web Counters